Punto de Vista is now calling for films to enter the Official Selection of its 9th edition. The terms and conditions as well as the registration form are available on the festival’s website. Registration deadline is September 30.
Eligible films are documentaries from any country shot after August 1, 2012. The selected films will be part of the Official Selection of the 8th Punto de Vista Festival, to take place in Pamplona from February 10 to 15, 2015.
As in past editions, the Punto de Vista Official Selection is intended to gather films from around the world capturing reality from various points of view that are independent, novel, and socially committed.
The Official Jury will grant the following awards:
- Punto de Vista Award for Best Film: €10,000. This award goes to the film chosen by the Jury as the best in the Official Selection, irrespective of country of origin or duration.
- Jean Vigo Award for the Best Director: €5,000. The award specifically pays tribute to Jean Vigo and will be granted to the film in the official section that best represents the ethical values and formula that make up his work.
- Award for Best Short Film: €3,000. This award is granted to the best short film (35’ or less).
There will also be the following special awards:
- People’s Choice Award: €1,500. This prize goes to the film the audience likes best.
- Youth Award for the best film: €1,500.
- « Rencontres Cinématografiques de Cerbère-Portbou » Award : €300.
The Special Public Award will be ruled by regulations laid out by the festival’s managing body and will be granted by the public attending the festival who wish to participate in the selection process, in accordance with the procedure established by the festival’s managing body.
The Youth Award will be granted by the Youth Jury, a jury made up of 50 young people between the ages of 18 and 25. Participation in the Youth Jury is voluntary and involves a commitment to attend the screening of all the films in the Official section, in their morning sessions. Registration to form part of the jury is via the festival’s official website, as of 3rd November 2014.
The Cerbère-Portbou Rencontres Cinématografiques Award will be granted jointly by the management of the Punto de Vista Festival and the Cerbère-Portbou Rencontres Cinématografiques. The winner of the award will participate at the 2015 edition of the Cerbère-Portbou Rencontres Cinématografiques. The aforementioned festival will be responsible for the director’s travel and accommodation costs during his/her stay in Cerbère, as well as for 50% of the prize.