Punto de Vista is now calling for films to enter the Official Selection (entitled “The Central Region”) of its 10th edition. The terms and conditions as well as the registration form are available on the festival’s website. Registration deadline is September 30.
Eligible films are documentaries from any country shot after August 1, 2013. The selected films will be part of the Official Selection of the 10th Punto de Vista Festival, to take place in Pamplona from February 8 to 14, 2016.
As in past editions, the Punto de Vista Official Selection is intended to gather films from around the world capturing reality from various points of view that are independent, novel, and socially committed.
Koldo Almandoz, Özge Calafato, Alexei Dmitriev and Guillermo G. Peydró are the members of the Punto de Vista Selection Committee. They will be responsible, together with the festival’s artistic director Oskar Alegria, for the programme of the Punto de Vista Official Selection 2016, which they will work on from July to December 2015, when the titles of the films will be announced.
The Official Jury will grant the following awards:
- Punto de Vista Award for Best Film: €10,000. This award goes to the film chosen by the Jury as the best in the Official Selection, irrespective of country of origin or duration.
- Jean Vigo Award for the Best Director: €5,000. The award specifically pays tribute to Jean Vigo and will be granted to the film in the official section that best represents the ethical values and formula that make up his work.
- Award for Best Short Film: €3,000. This award is granted to the best short film (35’ or less).
There will also be the following special awards:
- People’s Choice Award: €1,650. This prize goes to the film the audience likes best.
- Youth Award for the best film: €1,500.