The period for the submission of films to the International Documentary Film Festival of Navarra is set to end on 30th September this year.
The entry for the submission of films to the thirteenth edition of the Official Section of the International Documentary Film Festival of Navarra - Punto de Vista is now open. The deadline for the submission of films is 30th September 2018. The submission form is available on the festival web-site.
The Official Section of Punto de Vista is open to the participation of documentary films of any nationality, made subsequent to 1st August 2016. Fiction, institutional and advertising films are not eligible, neither are documentaries that are strictly or purely journalistic in nature. There are no limitations with regard to the theme, duration and original language.
Submission is free of charge through the festival website (www.puntodevistafestival.com), where a film registration form is available (http://www.puntodevistafestival.com/es/ultima_edicion.asp?IdSeccion=106&IdContenido=368).
The films selected will form part of the thirteenth edition of the festival, to be held in Pamplona from 11th to 16th March 2019.
The selection committee for the Official Section of Punto de Vista 2019 shall comprise the Artistic Management of the festival and experts in the documentary film area. The judges will announce the films selected in December this year. Their task is to select the works according to the ideas and the quality and creativity guidelines on which the festival is based:
- A documentary is a meeting point.
- Punto de Vista is a space to generate encounters at different levels, in an innovative, ambitious spirit.
- Punto de Vista focuses on those audiovisual creators who push boundaries and take risks.
- Punto de Vista values the ethical commitment of filmmakers with the subjects of their films and their audiences.
- The Official section of Punto de Vista drives an understanding of reality and independent expression.
- Punto de vista showcases non-fiction films.
As in previous years, the festival aims to create an Official Section that brings together productions from all over the world, competing in their different ways of capturing reality from different points of view, always groundbreaking, independent and socially committed.
PANEL OF JUDGES AND PRIZES
A festival organising committee will shortly be created, to appoint an Official International Panel of Judges, made up of experts and professionals from the sector. This panel of judges will announce its decision during the celebration of the gala closing ceremony of the International Documentary Film Festival of Navarra, Punto de Vista 2019.
The Official Panel of Judges will decide on the official prizes:
- "Punto de Vista" First Prize for the best film, worth 10,000 euros. The prize will be awarded to the film that the panel of judges considers to be the best work of the official section of the festival, independently of its duration or nationality, giving reasons for their decision.
- Jean Vigo Prize to the best director, worth 5,000 euros. The prize specifically honours the figure of Jean Vigo and will be awarded to the film in the Official Section that best represents the ethical and formal values that represented his work, giving reasons for their decision.
- Prize for the best short film, worth 3,000 euros. The prize will be awarded to the best film of a duration equal to or less than 35 minutes, giving reasons for their decision.
Special mentions: The Panel of Judges can grant up to two special mentions, with no monetary award.
In addition, the following special prizes are established:
- Special Prize awarded by the Audience for the best film, worth 1,650 euros.
- Youth Prized for the best film, worth 1,500 euros.